Monday, January 26, 2009

First CVS and Walgreens Trip


Today was my first CVS and Walgreens trip. I'll start with the CVS:

Went to buy the Gillette shampoo only to discover that they were sold out of Gillette everything! So, I this is what I got instead:

-Colgate Advanced toothpaste
$4.89
$1/1 coupon
$2 ECB
=$1.89 after ECB and coupon

-2 Pert Plus Shampoos
on sale for 1.99 each
used (2) $1/1 coupons
= .99 cents each

total spent OOP=$6.40
total spent after ECBs= $4.40 (included tax)
Not bad for a first trip in my opinion.

Now for Walgreens, which was a little more complicated and a lot more frusterating when I had trouble finding everything that I was going after.

Revlon Makeup
reg. 9.99 and 6.49
BOGO 1/2 off
(2) $1/1 coupons
$10 mail in rebate
=$1.25 after rebate (plus 10 percent!= .25!)

Walgreens Cold Medicine
BOGO Free
bought 4@ 3.49 for 2
bought 1@ 4.99 (ok, here's where I messed up. I accidently picked out one that wasn't matching-- you can look at the pictures and see-- and ended up paying 4.99 for one and 5.49 for the other when I should have gotten them both for a total of 4.99. However, I didn't go back and exchange anything since I didn't have time and there were a lot of people in line-- next time I'll be more careful!!)
bought 1@5.49
$10 mail in rebate
=8.50 after rebate (this should have been lower-- more like 3 dollars :-( )

(2) Hershey's bars
on sale at .89 each
used BOGO Free coupon
=.89

Edge Shaving Gel
1.99 Walgreens coupon
$1 manufactors coupon
=.99 cents

Colgate Toothpaste
on sale for 2.99
used .75 off coupon
$2 RR
= .25 after RR

All in all...
total before coupons-- $63.43
total spent initially OOP-- $41.65
total rewards in ECBs, RRs, and rebates--> $24.00
total after--> $17.65

So, that's it! I think I did fairly well (except for that medicine mistake!) and now I have some rewards pending for the next trips. I plan on going to CVS again this week to pick up some batteries and build my ECBs.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails