Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Big One


Today was our long run, and it was quite intimidating, since I have officially never ran this far in my life-- 7 miles. I have run 6 a few times, but never 7!! What made this run so much better than I thought possible (and actually doable)? The weather-- it was 75 degrees and sunny outside. I forgot weather like that existed!! It was glorious to run in just a tshirt and shorts, although it did feel a little bit weird. We've been training since the beginning of Feb, and we try to run every run outside, so normally I would have my leggings under another pair of pants, three shirts and a jacket and gloves. Not today! I really thought I was going to stop at one point, but I said to myself, Rachel, you have come this far, don't give up now! And we did it-- in 1 hour and 7 minutes! I think this is an excellent time considering the wind was blowing 30mph against us the whole time and the fact that I only ran 2 times this week due to the stress of the move. I'm still trying not to think about the 12 miler coming up, just taking it one day and one run at a time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails