I am so glad that we did, because now we have a recipe for the BEST tasting alfredo sauce in the world. I mean it, it is much better than many of the restaurants we get it at! And the total cost for something like this comes to about 10 dollars for 4 or 5 BIG servings (or $2 a person!!). Here is the fantastic recipe:
-1 pint of Heavy Whipping Cream
-1 1/2 cups of freshly grated parmesan cheese
-1 cup butter (or 1 stick)
1. First, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. When the butter has melted, pour in the whipping cream and whisk together.
3. Next, SLOWLY add the Parmesan cheese (about a 1/3 of cup at a time) and whisk continuously until all is melted together.
4. Now you can spice it up! I like to throw in some garlic powder, basil sprinkles, oregano and some pepper to add some kick to it. Through experimenting I have found this to be the best and most mouth-watering combination, although even if you leave it plain it will surely please!
5. Follow the directions on the package for cooking the fettuccine. Make sure the water is boiling before you add the pasta, or it will end up sticky. Cook the whole package!
6. Finally, cook up some broccoli to mix in with it (optional). My husband and I love the texture it gives to the dish, and its a great way to add some veggies to an otherwise quite indulgent meal!
Mix sauce, pasta and broccoli together, and Walla! You have a wonderful homemade dish of mouthwatering, neighbor envying fetticcine alfredo!!