Saturday, April 4, 2009

Training Update: 11 Miles


Today was our 11-miler, and I was dreading it like I always dread these long runs. I just had a feeling that I wasn't going to have as good a week as last. I was right. It was not fun, and the wind was atrocious. However, I did somehow manage to survive once again, although my legs are protesting even walking now. (time= 1:46- I can't believe I can run that long!!)

We now only have 4 weeks left of training until the half-marathon, with next week being our biggest mileage until the race (12). After that we will be running 9 and 8. I don't know why we are doing this, but that's what the training schedule said so hopefully it knows what its talking about! I don't know why I should care- shouldn't I feel happy about not running more than that? lol.

I think next week I am going to bring water or one of those gel shots with me on my run- my legs just seem to give around mile 7. Hopefully a boost of calories and salt will help things along!

(p.s. I think I twisted my ankle while playing tennis today- let's hope this is no serious and does not hinder anything!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails