Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Home Management Binder

When my husband and I first got married, I tried my hand at a home-management binder. It worked for a time, but gradually become inadequate as our lives evolved and no longer served our needs. Between that time and now, my management of the home has been anything but organized, and I've realized that it's time to create a new one. Now that I have a better idea of what our needs are (and have graduated from college- yes!), this will be much more effective and useful for us.

I made a colorful cover with a guiding Bible verse on it from Proverbs 31:27, which talks about how being a good wife includes watching over one's household and not being idle.

I created tabs for each of the following categories:
  • Calenders (this will include a yearly and a monthly calender)
  • Schedules
  • Birthdays/Anniversaries
  • Seasonal
  • Special Projects
  • Decorating
  • Travel
Here are some pics of a few pages:

Daily Schedule for me (top) and hubs (bottom):


Birthday and Anniversary Chart:

("Never forget another birthday again")

Seasonal Cleaning Checklist:
It doesn't have everything - I have a separate binder for finances and another one for menu planning and recipes. But I just wanted to share this with everyone since I am excited to start using it!

Do any of you have home management binders? What do you like/dislike about them? How have they helped you manage your household and other duties?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails