Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Works for Me Wednesday

This week, we're in Vegas on vacation! I thought I'd post about planning a vacation, and what works for me concerning it.

We are a family that loves to travel, and I'm sure that will continue even after the birth of this baby. The key to making family travel enjoyable is to be prepared. I am an avid planner- expecially when it comes to vacations. I like to have everything mapped out beforehand so there is no last minute scrambling around! Proper planning results in a smoother and less stressful vacation.

For most trips, I start packing a week ahead of time. Even if we are only going to be gone for a few days, it helps to everything ready. By the time we're ready to leave, I know what we need or are missing and am not busy worrying about getting the essentials. When our little arrives, I'm sure this habit will come in handy, as travel will be more complicated!

I also keep a 'travel kit' prepared in the linen closet for both me and my husband. This kit includes travel sized shampoo and body wash bottles as well as an extra deodorant, fash wash and toothpaste (couponing helps to keep me well stocked!). When I start to pack, all I have to do is throw the travel kit in the suitcase! After each trip, I refill or restock as necessary. This way, I have one whole aspect of packing already covered. You could easily create different travel kits for different purposes.

These are just two of the things that I do to help keep us sane getting ready for trips. For more on Works for Me Wednesday, visit We Are THAT Family.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails