Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cloth Diapering: You're Kidding, Right?

Cloth diapers. Just the word would freak me out. I mean, seriously, how is the issue of poo really handled? Wouldn't it be time consuming to repeatedly wash cloth diapers? Let's just say, I was not tuned into the idea.

Enter pictures. Aww, now they look cute! Pictures of little baby bums clad in colorful and soft fabrics had me gushing. So I checked them out; did a little research.

Verdict? My adversion has vanished. No, I won't be heading into cloth diapering full frontle like some of my friends and fellow bloggers. BUT I am open to the idea. In fact, I find myself browsing cloth diapering sites more frequently. In fact, if this keeps up, Little Olive (who is growing in my belly) might just enter the world with a secret stash of these puppies.

Prefolds, Inserts, AIOs and fitteds are slowly and unexpectedly entering my day to day vocabulary. This could get very interesting folks.

2 comments:

Da Mama said...

Hey Rachel! My sister, Stacy, sent me to your site. I tried cloth diapers this last year with my second daughter. I found that they weren't as difficult as I thought and did save us money on disposable. I actually used just plain pre-folded cloth diapers (like you use for burp cloths) and then bought a few velcro and plastic covers. The velcro covers held the diapers in place so I didn't even have to use pins. I would use disposable for naps and nighttime, then I only had to wash diapers every other day. And I only used about three disposable a day rather than 6-8. Just wanted to share my thoughts with you. I am excited for you and your coming baby!

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails