Monday, February 1, 2010

Freezer Cooking Day- Results

My first attempt at freezer cooking went well, and I was able to bake many items on my list! My sister, Jessica, came to visit this weekend and helped out with the baking on day 1. It was so much more fun to bake and cook with someone rather than being cooped up in the kitchen by myself!
What we tackled:
  1. 2 batches of Waffles (stored in giant freezer bags)

  2. 1 dozen cookies (candy cane sugar cookies)
  3. 1 loaf of banana bread

  4. 1 loaf of whole wheat bread (my first successful Whole Wheat loaf I've made in the breadmaker!)

  5. 3 bags of marinated chicken

Today I was also able to make 1 Sausage and Potato Casserole as well as my special chocolate cake (since hubby's birthday is today!). I was going to bake some muffins tonight, but then, the most terrible thing happened- I RAN OUT OF FLOUR! haha!

All in all, I think my first freezer cooking experience went well. Although I did not get to many of the items on my list, I still managed to stock up the freezer decently. Next time, I'll make sure I have plenty of bags of flour on hand for days like these!

2 comments:

wacki04@TheKing'sCourt IV said...

Great job! I see so many people with breadmakers....I CANNOT WAIT to get one :)

Rachel said...

Thanks! I had been eyeing breadmakers for quite a while, and was blessed to receive one for Christmas. It is seriously changing my life, lol!

Related Posts with Thumbnails