Sunday, February 22, 2009

Boxes and More Boxes


Right about now, in my kitchen, a pile of boxes is growing like an out of control fungi. It has overtaken the floor and is working its way up on the white wall, stacked on top of one another like Lego blocks. Its quite exciting really.

Yesterday was spent rummaging through closets and medicine cabinets, throwing items in the trash or piling them in boxes for the move. This will be the biggest move of my life, and I'm, they are only going to get bigger after this as my life moves on. I can't imagine what it will be like when we have a house and a couple of kids to boot!

Word to the wise: grocery stores are not very good places to hunt down free boxes. Rob and I traveled to different ones in our area at different times of the day with little to no luck. However, Odd Lots seems to be a good choice, for we scored big with lots of boxes there!

Today I cooked two dinners for later this week, knowing that I'll be too tired or not in the mood to stand over the stove. I think it was a good idea, because it got me using what we already had (think lentils and rice). This is also in effort to save us from pizza runs we cannot afford!

Still thinking about Cancun and dreaming of the sun-- it was 17 degrees today, brrrrrr! When is spring coming???

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails