Monday, May 4, 2009

I did it!!

So, I bet you all are dying to know how I did on Sunday.

I ran my very first half-marathon and finished STRONG with a time of 2:09:30!!! When I saw the finish line, I literally started crying! So my husband and I, hand in hand, sprinted the last 200 meters or so, tears flying off my face. It was a glorious moment. Perhaps one of the best running experiences I have ever had in my whole life.

If anyone is contemplating running the Cincinnati Flying Pig, let me warn you- its a HARD course, with more than a 2.5 mile straight uphill climb. Not for the faint of heart. I'm so glad that I decided not to drive the course before the race, because I definitely would have freaked out.

There were so many people there, it was unbelievable! Totally amazing experience to say the least. The first hour went by extremely fast from all the excitement and adrenaline- it was quite contagious. In fact, believe it or not, I was smiling most of the race! The amazing crowd support certainly helped with that.

So, now its Monday, and I don't have to run. In fact, I can't run. According to my school's trainer, I strained a tendon in my foot and need to lay off it a couple weeks! Well I wasn't going to run anyway- I think I deserve a break!

However, I think this race definitely lit a fire in me. I love races now. Never have been a fan of training, but I think the races, especially if they are big ones like the Flying Pig, are my thing. Rob and I are talking about running another half in October! Never thought I would say that!

I will post pics soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails