Thursday, June 4, 2009

Runnning After the Race


For those of you who followed my journey to a half-marathon, here is an update on my running adventures!

I took a long time off after the race. It was so weird at first, because I was used to running every other day, at least. But I knew I needed and COULD take time off of running, so I did. I only recently started back up again (my husband, however, did not take more than 3 days off- he still goes on 12 mile jaunts every week!).

My first 3-miles was hard, but very satisfying. I ran it again the day after, a whole minute faster. I really liked running the shorter distance. It was nice to take a break, but I don't think I will ever stop running. Its a part of who I am now, and I love the way it makes me feel.

I gained about 5 pounds during my hiatus, so I am working on getting rid of that now. Today, I did a 10-minute solution workout DVD (Carb Burner), and did 4 of the 5 workouts! It was VERY intense, and I don't feel the least bit guilty for not running today! I am actually a lot fitter now that I am not running as hard, because I have been doing a lot more strength workouts. My husband thinks I have lost weight as opposed to gaining, so I'm holding out that a lot of it is muscle. Wow, I just said 'a lot' way too many times!

I do plan on running in more races and completing another half-marathon in the future! But for now, its nice and easy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails