Monday, October 5, 2009

Pumpkin Pie

I am not a fan of pumpkin pie, but my DH loves it. So I discovered this recipe last fall for pumpkin pie and have been baking it ever since. It comes out very nice and smooth and is super easy- I'm talking crazy easy!

Ingredients:

2 eggs
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 15 oz. can pumpkin (OR 1.5 cups of fresh pumpkin)
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (I substituted with cinnamon)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 9-inch pie crust

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
  2. Beat eggs for 2-3 minutes; add remaining ingredients; beat and mix well
  3. Pout filling into pie crust
  4. Bake for 10 minutes
  5. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for another 40-50 minutes
  6. Let cool- top with whip cream.
Looking for another way to put that pumpkin you picked to use? Try roasting the seeds, which make for a delicious fall trail mix and snack.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails